6) Most Americans don’t use the word ‘keen’. Now I say keen quite a lot. Eg: I’m keen to chill. Or, Do you want to go out? Yeah I’m keen. No one seems to understand wtf that means here. Keen = down for/ eager. But not all creepy omg I’m EAGER to see you kinda thing. That sounds appalling.
7) I missed one of my best friend’s twenty-first birthday party and it absolutely sucked. I wish I could have been there. It was so hard working all day knowing you’re missing shmeath’s 21st:( But it looked like it was amazing so I’m so glad my babe♡
8) I’m sick and it’s horrible. Nothing serious just a cold: runny nose, sore throat. Just basic flu. Over here, saying you have the flu makes people back away slowly. I don’t have a hectic flu where my entire body aches and I feel really awful. Literally just sound like an old man and I have a cold.
In SA if I was sick with a runny nose and sore throat that was flu/ a cold. So I have no idea what to say to explain to people how I don’t need to be in quarantine.
9) I really miss everyone back home. A lot. But I’m doing my best and that’s all that I can do really.
10) I’m meeting more people and starting to get adjusted to working all the time and not studying anymore.
**lucky you here’s an extra thing I can say about life right now**
Bonus: I have the day off tomorrow, hells yes. ♥